Friday, July 8

I hope everyone had a fabulous Independence Day... I spent the evening on the Yankee Ferry in Hoboken, NJ. Could not have had a better view. Outstanding show.



 I've been in the Big Apple for over a month now, and the biggest lesson I have learned? ASK. Ask and ye shall receive. Whether it inspires a revelation, is the answer you didn't want to hear, a swift kick to the ego or dressing on the side, you will never grow if you do not ask.

- I've learned more (computer) keyboard shortcuts in the last 30 days than I learned in 8 years of college.
- I've learned that the hip-hop group Naughty By Nature has not updated their wardrobe since O.P.P. came out.
- I've learned that trusting my instincts ALWAYS puts me on top, even if it is less-than-pleasant in the meantime.
- I've learned (the hard way) that you shouldn't go 5 months without eating dairy and "test" your guts with feta cheese. And that Asians don't process dairy. I'm either Asian or lactarded.
- I've learned that no matter how hard you try, how much you analyze, how much you wish, hope and pray, you really have no control. It's better to just let go and enjoy the ride.
- I've learned that there is a relentless battle between Fact and Emotion.  Math vs. Science. Matter vs. Mind. Head vs. Heart. The most relevant example of this is the consciences of the Casey Anthony Trial jurors. I won't go into logistics on that whole bag of wrong, but the concept of a solid answer vs. an idea is my latest ponderism. This might be where you decide to check the "you're crazy" box at the end of this post.

To summarize, just ask. Who ever said there are no stupid questions was wrong. (Can blind people see their dreams?) There definitely are stupid questions. But are the people asking stupid questions in fact smart for asking the question in the first place? Riddle me this...

I passed this church on my run home from work this week... thought I was in Europe for a minute.

And then I came across this pick-up truck last night, and thought I was back in Montana...
Forgive the picture quality
 Happy Friday Lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment