Thursday, July 14

The way a person describes a color can say a lot about them. How it makes them feel, what they associate it with. Responses may range between generic, complex, or inspiring… a simple description can speak volumes about one’s character. For instance, I have a deep infatuation with the color grey. Soft lambs wool, warm butter cream with a hint of lavender, or smoky pearl. Makes me feel fuzzy inside. Now all I need is a spoon.

I asked a girl this morning what color her suede peep toe sling backs were. Her response: "I dunno. greyish... blueish... somethin'." Sweetheart, Uggs are greyish. You spent $780 on Yves Saint Laurent shoes and failed to read the color, conveniently placed right next to the price? Go enjoy your boring job (if you have one). For the record, I would call them Moody Mouse.

My love for this color might stem back to the ranch where I grew up. We raised quarter horses and the majority of them were grey… my gelding Peso was the love of my life. That boy had patience. And then there was Junebug, my silly little filly who I swear had Diva in her. She followed me around like a pup, we shared turkey sandwiches and she would steal my Diet Coke. No I’m not kidding. She literally would pick the bottle up with her teeth and tip it back. Sweetheart of a horse.

It’s ironic how I migrate towards the color grey for how black and white I am. Some would say extreme, I prefer fastidious. Determined. Intuitive. I know what I like. I know what I want. I’m not good at “somewhere in the middle.” I like to call it Maybeland. The waiting hours in Maybeland… great book title, eh? It is defined as: "relative obscurity. The quality of being difficult to understand. The state of being unknown.” Exactly.

I read somewhere, “Don’t define your world in black and white, because there is so much hiding amongst the greys.” Intruiging… maybe that’s why B&W photography puts me at ease. (I realize I am contradicting myself throughout this post... "She was definitive, yet scatterbrained...")

To me grey is patience, which I have very little of. Maybe I make up for my lack of patience internally by projecting it externally. Aesthetically, I like the way it looks and makes me feel. Comfortable. Sophisticated. Tan. Especially with a berry accent… Voila! I feel like a million bucks.

WHY GREY? BECAUSE MY IDEAS ARE SO COLORFUL. Here’s some inspiration:




If you LIKE my blog, become a follower! It's easy, just sign-up to "follow" whittyalacity... for those of you with a Batman complex, you can remain anonymous... the more fans, the better!
Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Girl. I'm a fan. And a follower. Loud and proud! Miss you and love reading about your escapades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my precious! I love to hear anything you are doing I love the pictures! LOVE Aunt Chrissie

    ReplyDelete