Sunday, July 3

Yep, I did a little page maintenance. I haven't felt a deep connection with my blog lately and the guilt has built as vacant days pass by. So by customizing it myself vs. a generic template, I feel a sense of responsibility to share... here are some of the latest happenings:
My weekends regularly involve of a stroll through Central Park and occasionally during the week,  I will walk home from work. And thank goodness I did because I have been missing out on Monday Night Lawn Bowling League. It is hard to imagine life without it now, and though I can't keep white clean for long, our uniforms are quite sharp, wouldn't you agree? My teammates are all 50 years my senior, but Herb says, "Britney, you've got a real competitive edge. I see trophies in your future. Just make sure to put the corn dog down when it's your turn."
When I'm not kicking ass and taking names on the lawn, I like to sit at a little cafe Le Pain Quotidien and read over little old ladies shoulders or run into old co-workers from Montucky. I was ordering a coffee at the counter when the manager walked out of the kitchen and asked me what-the-ham-hock I was doing in the big city. It was a guy I slung drinks with from Ted's MT Grill. It really is a small world. Especially when Mark Ruffalo walks by with his family. I thought, "Man that dude looks awfully familiar." Maybe it's because he was on the cover of the May issue of Details that was in my bag...
Yesterday I spent the day doing what I do best. Antiquing. I scoured the Hell's Kitchen flea market and Chelsea antique stores all day, dreaming about how my future home is going to be stylin' with treasures galore. Someday (soon I hope).  I opted for word games with letters, another favorable pastime...
I must have been hungry (shocking I know), because I definitely wasn't craving a few hours with Angelina Jolie in her cinematic catastrophe. Was that not the worst movie ever? Two thumbs down Ang. Speaking of food, she needs to eat some.

As I've stated before, subway rides are always a mystery... usually a comedic grab bag if you will. This weekend alone I witnessed not once but twice, the "Ghetto Flutist of the N Train." Not too shabby if it weren't for the over-rehearsed sympathy speech that preceded the performance. I should start a business... Underground Self Promotion: The Charming Way to Ask For Dough. My dreams were shattered when a hobo yelled, "Homelessness is a DISEASE!" I bit my tongue from responding, "And the only cure, is more COWBELL!"
I met some friends down on Front Street and walked around Pier 16 last week... they were filming on the Brooklyn Bridge for Men In Black III... . Helicopters, motorcycles and jet skis... oh my!
Every Sunday farmers from upstate NY set up a little market on Broadway  along campus. For those of you who have never seen fresh produce before...feast your eyes:
 The city has been kept my quote quota and typography obsessive-compulsiveness in order... a little inspiration:
 Couldn't agree more Dave, image by Mico Toledo
West Village art

 Image by Mico Toledo
And here's a big Happy 235th Birthday America... now go put on your dancin' shoes and enjoy!
From Kate Spade's ebook, "Things We Love"

1 comment:

  1. Whit your blog is coming along wonderfully! I think New York is such a crazy amazing place. Enjoy being wild and fashionable and fabulous girl! From my vantage point in Dillon, I am a tinge jealous :)
    ~Nissa

    ReplyDelete